If you are a property owner and you need to start or stop water service to your property, you may contact us in one of the ways listed on our Customer Service home page.

When you contact us, please provide:

1.  Your account number, if you have one
2.  The address where you wish to start or stop service
3.  Instructions to start or stop service
4.  Your daytime phone number, including the area code
5.  A copy of your Application for Service if you are starting service

For rented properties: Please note that tenants are unable to transfer service to another property — these requests must be made by the property owner. Property owners may add tenants’ names to an OCWA account so both the property owners and their tenants can receive bills in their names.


When you buy a previously or currently occupied home….

If you’re moving into a home that was previously or is currently occupied, call Customer Service (315-455-7061 ext. 3335) to speak with a Customer Service Representative.

Please call at least three (3) days before the closing date on your home. Customer Service will check the property account and notify you of any outstanding bills against the property. It is important to have any such bills settled before you take ownership of the property.

We will also make sure that the water meter is read on the day the previous owner is moving out and you are moving in.

We will need the following information when you call:

1. New Property Owner’s:

a. Name
b. Address
c. Telephone number
d. Date of Birth
e. Valid driver’s license number

2. Address of the property
3. Your move-in date
4. Former owners’ name(s) – to help make it easier to process this information

When you buy a brand-new home with an established water connection….

If you are buying a brand-new house that has never been occupied, you may find the water has already been turned on. The builder may have connected to the water main to test the plumbing. OCWA has not, however, installed a water meter. YOU MUST CALL US FOR A METER INSTALLATION. Use of un-metered water will be calculated by OCWA and back-billed against the account.

In this case, we will need the following information:

1. Property Owner’s:

a. Name
b. Telephone number
c. Date of Birth
d. Valid driver’s license number

2. Address of the property (lot number is always helpful in a new tract)
3. A time when someone will be home for the meter installation appointment.

When you are going to rent a home….

When a property is rented, we strongly encourage the property owner include the water as part of the lease, pay the water bill, and collect the money from the tenant.

If the Owner wishes to have the bill placed in the tenant’s name, we require that the OCWA tenant agreement be completed and signed by both parties. Please contact Customer Service for access to this agreement.