The Onondaga County Water Authority is looking for a highly-motivated Engineering Technician I, position # 10150, to join their Engineering team. Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Technician I is responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the conducting of engineering studies and investigations, field surveys, construction, inspections, demolition inspections and maintenance of contracts which may include walking over rough terrain, uneven surfaces, or hills, in all types of weather.
- Unloading and transporting equipment from vehicles to field assignment locations.
- Evaluating, testing and performing quality control work on construction materials manufactured equipment used in construction.
- Performing work involving office reduction and plotting of field survey data; checks engineering and cost calculations.
- Assisting in the preparation of plans and specifications; design of engineering projects; preparation of contracts and their administration.
- Assisting in the review of specifications and engineering drawings.
- Assisting in the maintenance of office records and the preparation of contractors’ payment requisitions.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
Past construction inspection experience
Proficient in the use of CAD, GIS, and GPS
Good knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices
Good knowledge of water systems and hydraulics
The Onondaga County Water Authority is a civil service agency, hiring in accordance with New York State civil service regulations.
This is a competitive, full-time position. Hiring will be done provisionally and in accordance with Civil Service guidelines. The sucessful candidate will be required to take the Engineering Technician I examination, when scheduled, and must be reachable on the examination list in order to retain the position.
The minimum qualifications for the Engineering Technician I are outlined in the job specifications at www.ongov.net . If you meet the minimum qualifications and are interested in applying for the position, please complete an online application at www.ocwa.org .
For questions, contact Darlene Pettersen, Human Resources Assistant, at 315-455-7061, ext. 3155.
We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, citizenship, or any other legally protected status.