- OCWA proudly serves 340,000 residents in the following five counties in Central New York: Onondaga, Oswego, Madison, Oneida, and Cayuga. To serve such a large area, OCWA maintains over 2,300 miles of water main which, if laid out continuously, could reach from Syracuse to Las Vegas.
- OCWA’s average residential customer uses up to 130 gallons of water per day.
- OCWA delivers an average of 35 million gallons of water per day.
- OCWA supplies water from Lake Ontario, Skaneateles Lake, and Otisco Lake.
- OCWA maintains 63 water tanks.
- OCWA also provides water for local fire departments to protect our community. Indeed, OCWA maintains a network of over 14,000 fire hydrants that require yearly inspections and maintenance.
- OCWA also offers training sessions to all fire departments within our service area to increase an understanding of OCWA’s system so it can be best utilized to fight fires.