As part of OCWA’s monthly series highlighting some of our dedicated employees and the important jobs they perform, this month we’re featuring Anthony P. from our Storeroom (part of the Accounting Department). Each month we’re asking a different employee a series of ten questions about his/her background, what he/she does at OCWA and some of the employee’s most interesting work experiences.
1. What is your current position at OCWA?
I am a stock attendant.
2. What other jobs have you held, both OCWA and non-OCWA positions?
I worked as OCWA summer help and worked at Wegmans.
3. When did you join OCWA, and what brought you here?
I started working at OCWA on November 5th, 2013 and my summer help position was in the same department as the job I currently have.
4. What does a typical day at work look like for you?
Some of the jobs I hold include: inventory, vehicle maintenance, receiving, purchasing, work orders and computer work in Maximo.
5. What is the most rewarding part of your job?
I help people get their clean water every day. I enjoy being a part of that process.
6. What has been your favorite project at OCWA?
Rebuilding the OCWA storeroom to help make every day operate smoothly.
7. Before working at OCWA, what was the most interesting/unusual job you’ve ever had?
I worked at a pool retailer called Syracuse Pool and Patio, where I assisted people buying chemicals for their pools.
8. What three words best describe you?
Happy, kind and hardworking
9. What is your educational background?
I have a 2 year degree from OCC in general studies.
10. Why did you select the career you are in?
The career selected me!