The following are the latest updates and projected timeline for completion of water main work along Route 5 in the Village of Canastota, Town of Lenox:
- All new water main lines have been installed.
- All new water mains have been tested chlorinated with all bacteriological samples passing.
- All services have been tied over to the new main.
- Cuts and caps (abandonment) of the old main have started on the East end of the project and move West towards the Village.
- When cuts and caps are performed, we will provide customers 24-hour notice and a time frame for how long their water will be off. The cuts and caps are all different and usually take 1-4 hours to complete, barring any emergencies.
- Cleanup of yards and paving should start in early May, weather permitting.
If you have any specific questions about this schedule, please feel free to email Stephen Drake at email@example.com.
as of 5/1/2019