The following are the latest updates and projected timeline for completion of water main work along Route 5 in the Village of Canastota, Town of Lenox:
- All new watermain lines have been installed.
- All new watermain has been tested chlorinated with all bacteriological samples passing.
- A majority of the short side services have been switched over to the new main east of NYS RT 13.
- Long side services are currently being completed, working west from Wampsville at a rate of 2-4 per day with about 30-35 remaining.
- Customers will experience a brief water interruption (approximately 30 minutes) as we transfer their service to the new main.
- Once services are completed, we will again drop back to do cuts and caps (i.e. abandon the existing main). We should start this around the end of April.
- If any shutdowns for the cuts and caps are required, we will provide customers 24-hour notice and a time frame for how long your water will be off. The cuts and caps are all different and usually take 1-4 hours to complete, barring any emergencies.
- Cleanup of yards and paving should start in early May, weather permitting.
If you have any specific questions about this schedule, please feel free to email Stephen Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.