The following are the latest updates and projected timeline for completion of water main work along Route 5 in the Village of Canastota, Town of Lenox:
- The weather for month of February held us back from getting to the services. The contractors drilling rig was affected by the cold and the decision was made to hold back until the weather improves
- All new water main lines have been installed
- All new water main have been tested and chlorinated with all bacteriological samples passing
- Transfer of services to the new main will start the week of 3-11-19 as we have received health dept. approval
- Customers will experience a brief water interruption (approximately 30 minutes) as we transfer their service to the new main.
- Once services are completed, we will again drop back to do cuts and caps (i.e., abandon the existing main). We should start this around the beginning of April.
- If any shutdowns for the cuts and caps are required, we will provide customers 24 hour notice and a time frame for how long your water will be off. The cuts and caps are all different and usually take 1-4 hours to complete, barring any emergencies.
- Cleanup of yards and paving should start in mid-April, weather permitting, as this is when the paving plants usually open.
If you have any specific questions about this schedule, please feel free to email Steve Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
as of 3/5/2019