The following are the latest updates and projected timeline for completion of water main work along Route 5 in the Village of Canastota, Town of Lenox:
- All new water main lines have been installed
- Three quarters of the main has been tested and chlorinated with all bacteriological samples passing
- Testing of the last section of main will take place from 2/11/19 – 2/15/19
- Transfer of services to the new main will start the week of 2/11/19 with pending health dept. approval
- Customers will experience a brief water interruption (approximately 30 minutes) as we transfer their service to the new main.
- Once services are completed, we will again drop back to do cuts and caps (i.e. abandon the existing main). We should start this around the beginning of March.
- If any shutdowns for the cuts and caps are required, we will provide customers 24 hour notice and a time frame for how long your water will be off. The cuts and caps are all different and usually take 1-4 hours to complete, barring any emergencies.
- Cleanup of yards and paving should start in mid-April, weather permitting, as this is when the paving plants usually open.
If you have any specific questions about this schedule, please feel free to email Steve Drake at email@example.com.
as of 2/7/19